May 1, 2008

This hurts, and that does too!

Everything hurts. Literally. My body huuuuuurts. Holy cow, how outta shape am I? It took me a full day 1/2 of work to clean the KITCHEN and 1/2 BATH at the new place. BUT, it is finished! Yay. This new place of mine is funky friends. The pics do not do it justice for the "before" shots because you can't really see the dirt. But I'll post some later. My hands hurt as I'm typing. My fingers are swollen and I've had rubber gloves on for 2 days and my hands would love a paraffin dip. My neck hurts when I turn it from side to side. (It would love a massage on the beach.) My back hurts from climbing under and over all the cabinets. (It wants to go to the beach with my neck and find that masseuse). My knuckles hurt because somehow I carved a hole in one. (Back to the paraffin). My eyes hurt from all of the weeds in the yard and lack of good sleep. Um, good sleep sounds good. My knees hurt from crawling around on them washing baseboards. They would love knee-pads.

I hurt. But did I mention how much I'm LOVING the pain!!! Yay...the reward of accomplishment is sweeeeeeeet. The tile man is coming...back to work I go. (OH, I now have 2 boyfriends. Mr. Clean and Murphy. Murphy Oil is his name. Jealous? So is the Tidy Bowl man....)

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Gracious . . . working that hard does NOT sound fun. Were you there last night at like 8:15 or so? Bekah and I were driving by on our way home from Super Wally, and I saw lights on. Thought about stopping but didn't want to get in the way. (Or get handed a pair of rubber gloves!)

Jules said...

LOL...if there are ever lights on, I AM there and you need to stop! I'll let ya off the hook and just come check to make sure I'm still breathing, etc. Come see the progress....no rubber gloves will be handed to you. You can clean without them :-)