Oct 28, 2007

Dragons frustrate me

Or "beardies" as I guess they are affectionately referred to. Really, affection towards a lizard? As much as I didn't think possible...I think I'll love the little guy.

OK, back up. My sons birthday is coming up. He announced he wants a lizard. He's turning 7. Now, for $6.99 you can get a green anole. Or, you can catch one at mimi and grandpa's house for free. But NO....those are "escape artists", "too fast to catch", "timid", and from a salespersons point of view "just not a great pet in general." BUT, a $75 Bearded Dragon (beardie) is a "fabulous pet". GRRR...

SO, now you know where my frustration began. SO, I'm thinking, he's turning 7. A nintendo DS would save us hoards of moula (considering the price to add on for UVB lights, night lights, flourescent lights, live food every day, stand, terrarium, hood, etc etc etc. Heck, he could have the DS and a couple of 5 games!) SO, I run this past him. Oh yea, I struck a chord. He was on it like a fly on...well, you get it. But then, he gets a look outta the corner of his eye towards his dad and suddenly changes his mind. "Nope, I want a lizard. A bearded dragon!" Reeeeaaally...(I'm sensing conspiracy now. More frustration added.)

OK, well, if we're going to get a lizard, it's fair to expect the conspirers (word?) to know about them and their care, right. So, I quiz them. Guess what. They know NOTHING! SO, I cannot in good conscience bring a living critter into this home without being able to properly care for it. SO, I now can answer a few several dozen questions about lizards. Go ahead, try me.

I'll let ya know when the little guy arrives. (I still have a little over a week until birthday...I accept prayers of "changin some minds".)

:) Have a lovely dragon free day...

No comments: